And my new allegiance has nothing to do with the fact that we were watching the game from my Grandma's loge (while it was raining outside), rubbing noses with apostles and Lavell Edwards.
The daily goings-on in a crazy household filled with Joy and seven others.
Sunday, September 23, 2007
True Blue
A couple of weeks ago, Mike and I went to a University of Utah football game. We were with Mike's boss and co-workers. We went and ate this great BBQ, had a fun time with his friends, and actually cheered for the Utes. I usually stay out of these matters when declaring allegiances because we went to Utah State. I was so disappointed with the young adults I saw at that game. As we were walking to the stadium, there was a rowdy bunch of kids drinking in front of us. They were getting a little crazy and the game hadn't even started. As we were leaving, another group was slinging cuss words right and left. I was so glad our kids were not with us. In contrast, yesterday we went to the BYU game. The young adults were all dressed in team spirit and having a great time but there was no drinking (you can't even get caffeine, ugh!), no swearing, and there were tons of families. Now without offending my one Ute fan reader, I just want to publically declare that I am true blue or fully invested as my new shirt says.



And my new allegiance has nothing to do with the fact that we were watching the game from my Grandma's loge (while it was raining outside), rubbing noses with apostles and Lavell Edwards.
And my new allegiance has nothing to do with the fact that we were watching the game from my Grandma's loge (while it was raining outside), rubbing noses with apostles and Lavell Edwards.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You have TWO Ute fan readers. I went to the "U" so be careful what you say! :)
Mer, I thought Monty and Jen had converted you a long time ago! So sorry.
oooooooooooh, which apostles? and was there a chocolate fountain?
There are two kinds of people in this world. True-blue Cougars and those who wish they were true-blue Cougars. What more can I say?
-Julianne
We saw Elder Holland, Elder Perry and Pres. Monson's car. He was already upstairs so we didn't see him. My bro-in-law saw Elder Scott. No chocolate fountain. Caramel and Apples. Third quarter banana splits. A ton of yummy food. And as I commented before, no caffeine. Sad to say my siblings had to hit sonic on the way home.
i love elder holland. lucky. i would've cornered him.
Post a Comment