Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Surprise

You know it's bad when your husband meets you at the door and says, "Just remember they were trying to surprise you. Smile and be nice." This was after Mike and I left the children alone for an hour this morning. We went to choir practice before church and I stayed late to discuss some matters with the choir director. I came in with 20 minutes until we had to leave. The kids had surprised us by making breakfast. They made these cute signs.





They had each made a topping for pancakes. They had each made a disaster area. They didn't think about the fact that we had no time to clean up, dinner guests coming after church, and 20 minutes to find shoes, do hair, load up and go. I smiled and said, "Looks Delish."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHHHH Can eli cook? Kaylee

Anonymous said...

Very very cute! Good job on keeping cool...what can you say when there are handmade signs everywhere and different toppings for pancakes?! - Julianne

Brooke said...

that is really cute. and good for you -- no one cares if kids have messy hair at church!