Partly because of this.
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle.
But mostly because I feel so lucky to spend mornings alone with the cutest boy ever.
Today we read a bunch of library books and we played his favorite game.
GO FISH.
I was a little nostalgic thinking about how we've had the cards since Faith was about 4. (All the matches, too. A Miracle!)
I used to play with her and every kid since.
I remembered sitting in the San Francisco airport when Uncle Mark W. came home from his mission in Japan and he sat and played go fish with her. He was amazed at how much she'd grown. I still marvel at my oldest child and the things I learn from her and about her every day.
Today, while waiting for school to start, with Eli asking me if it was time yet every 15 minutes the whole morning, we played Go Fish. He now proclaims that he loves school and can't wait until it's time to go. So we played several games and it was still not time, so he got all dressed, looking sharp I might add, and we played a few more rounds.
Now I just need something to do all afternoon. Lunch anyone?
10 comments:
Hi, I have read your blog a few times, not sure if I have ever left a comment though.
I am Jeanette, found your blog through Molly.
I am sorry to hear about Joy. I know how your heart hurts. My angel Lucey would have been starting Kindergarten this year.
Your son does look very dashing and ready to take on the Kindergarten world. Best of luck to him, and to you.
Quiet afternoons are the hardest, I miss my boys so much while they are gone. I hate the house all quiet and empty.
I love lunch! :)
I wish I could meet you for lunch. I miss you!
Glad Eli is a school fan, now. He is growing up way too fast. love you guys! I want to go to lunch. No fair Hollie is close.
I want to go to lunch, pick me, pick me!
Eli is so stinking cute. And yes, so glad he is loving the school days now!
And -- he ALWAYS wins at those card games! Seriously...he completely killed me at Memory. I wasn't even trying to let him win...
My friend told me when I had my first boy - "You've never known romance til you have had a son". Enjoy those mornings with your little man!!
Mel S
Lunch again would be great! I wanted to post the picture of us having lunch last time, but couldn't do that to...either of us really! Not the best photo. But we tried. I'm so glad Eli is liking school more now. DAPPER DAN!
Have you read the book, "You are Special" by Max Lucado? It's a children's book. I cried the first time I read it in college. I didn't even realize until Lucy was about a year old, that LUCIA is one of the main characters. Reading your blog tonight, I was reminded the the MAINEST (not a word, I know) character is Eli. I'm sure you've read it, but if not...oh, you must. It doesn't directly apply to what we are going through, and Eli and Eli may not even "match up", but it is such a good story. Anyway...just thinking out loud...
Have you heard of the card game Sleeping Queens? I bet your family would love it! It is one of Joey's favorites. The best place I know to buy it is the BYU Bookstore. It might be a fun alternative to Go Fish :)
oh! wish i were close enouhg to go to lunch with you! that would be a great way to spend my childless afternoons (well, mine aren't exactly childless...just very quiet b/c jack still naps)
i'm glad that he is enjoying school more now...i had brook read your post about eli's 1st day of school and it was just so sad!
oh tam holy yum yum trifle with cheesecake eh? sweet eli is too handsome he really shows me how time has flown--(flied?). anywho, i love reading your blog, its very emotional for me, it's hard thinking and still believing that all this has happened to you and to Mike and your kids. takes time right? my thoughts are with you constantly, love ya tam.
Post a Comment