Don’t you wish that you could be a fly on the wall
A creepy little, sneaky little fly on the wall
All my precious secrets, yeah you know them all
Don’t you wish that you could be a fly on the wall
Today as a fly on my wall, you would have witnessed:
The cleaning and organizing of Hope's room. That girl had tons of clothes that no longer fit. Not just hers but everyone's seemed to have migrated and landed in her drawers.
Eli carrying around a Dora purse, that Joy got for Christmas, filled with his treasures.
Grace fixing up her room and adding a personal touch which she purchased with her own money.
School shopping at Kohl's.
I had a 30% off coupon. Instead of announcing the damage, let's just say my savings were 110$. (I made Faith do the math on the way home to keep her brain from going to mush during the summer.)
It was a very fun day of bonding with only one time being told by my daughter (who will remain nameless for fear of being chewed out in the comments) that she just might "die of embarrassment" because I mentioned the "b" word. (rhymes with kloobs)
Immunizations.
With Eli starting kinder and Faith starting 7th, they both needed shots. Today was the big day.
(Note to self: A sonic stop should not have preceded this event.)
Let's just say Faith has a queasy stomach.
I thought it would be a good idea to take them together. Bad idea.
Faith going first. Bad idea.
Eli watching Faith go first. Bad idea.
She did great with the actual shots but gets herself so worked up about it that she nearly passes out and throws up. (The same scenario happened when she got her ears pierced.)
So Eli hops up for his turn, totally fine about it all, sees that Faith is very distressed AFTER she's all done and wonders, "What the heck did they do to her?" Eli starts screaming, Mom starts crying, Faith starts barfing.
The good news: When we got home I had lots of help preparing dinner.
I gave the option of cleaning up barf in the car or peeling potatoes.
11 comments:
LOL! Good thing all days aren't like this.
Oh, oh, oh! what a day! I like Grace's doorway. What an artist!
Ok, I was howling at the "kloobs" comment. So funny at that age!! Not that I know which daughter you're talking about...
Barf in the car? You're my hero...I've never encountered that...YET. Yuck. I would have been inside peeling potatos and waiting for TOny to get home and deal with the barf. I'm wimpy like that.
Instead of cleaning up the car just by a new one!!!
Oh my gosh, I am still laughing out loud! Oh my goodness. The Dora purse (sweet) being carried around by ELI, mentioning "kloobs" (hehehehe), the terror of shots, and giving your kids the option of cleaning up barf or peeling potatoes. Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard.
I like Gracey's room decor and I'm not surprised that Hope is out of all of her clothes. That girl is getting big fast. I mean, not BIG, but big as in growing up. Anyway.
Hilarious post.
LOL!!! Thanks for the laughs :) Lots of them!!
oh my GOSH, tami. what a day. i'm sorry about the chaos at the doc office. yikes.
what a great play-by-play of your day...everything! did you ever think that your girls would be embarrased by mom saying the b-word? and you thought you were cool! don't have to worry about that with the boys...they just think it is intersting that we don't share the same body parts...
i don't do so good with the shots...but collin actually did really well this last time...he told his dad that the first one didn't hurt, only the 2nd one...so if he had to get another one, it would be ok.
Usually I am the one at the doctor's office ready to throw up, ready to cry, and all worked up over my children's shots! Always hurts the mom more....like almost everything in our children's lives right?
Tami, you are such a fantastic blogger. You make daily life stuff, funny, poiniant, and such a joy to read. I have really appreciated getting to know you and your family better through your writings.
By the way, "kloobs," Genius! Lol!
Post a Comment